Friday, November 6, 2009

The Baby is Growing Up....

So, I am sitting at the computer when Xander comes up to me and says "Mom, my tooth is wiggly." I smile at him and he let's me feel his tooth. I say, "Cool....now you can get your grown up teeth." At this point, the typical questions start pouring out. Is my tooth going to fall out? Can I still eat without my tooth? Is it going to hurt?

After I reassure him that he is going to be fine and that it is a good thing for his baby teeth to fall out, he goes about his business. But, not before making the funniest comment ever.....I was explaining that everyone loses their baby teeth...even his dad. He says to me, "Mom...Daddy's teeth just come out of his mouth already." (Insert a ton of laughter here) Xander's dad has dentures due to problems that could not be fixed.

My son is very observant. I needed the laugh, that's for sure.

0 comments: