Monday, November 23, 2009

Happenings....

For those of you who are not close enough to get the news around here....major happenings in this town.

There have been a series of armed robberies and sexual assaults going on. I am freaked out! I have not been able to sleep since I found out about this. They all happened last week and within a few hours of each other, so I am pretty sure they were connected. Nothing has been reported since then, but I am still scared.

I do not go to bed at night without checking to make sure that all of the doors are locked about five or six times. I check on the kids constantly during the night. I make Andy get out of bed at least once a night to investigate any noise I may hear, its always the cats or the kids, but noises are beginning to be my downfall.

It's not just here in town either. It is happening in the sleepy little town of Fulton. That's right, you heard me, the perfect town of Fulton is now trembling in fear of this monster too. It actually took place in Fulton before Clinton. For those of you who may not know about Fulton, it is a very small, tight knit community. One of those places where everyone knows everyone else, and all of their business too. Which leads to me this question....if this was an outsider, how was he not noticed? The man in question is African American...not something that is common in Fulton. So really...how did this go unnoticed?

All I know is that no matter how long this man stays quiet...I will not sleep until he is caught. Andy may suffer from lack of sleep, and I may suffer from lack of oxygen while Andy holds the pillow over my face...but I will not sleep!

0 comments: